Image Map

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Survived!

I survived my first night in our new apartment...alone!

Before the holidays, Sweeter was told that an NCO was going to have to stand duty from 8AM to 8AM on the 28th. Most of Sweeter's team is on leave for the holiday so there are not a lot of guys around. I have the sweetest Sweeter and he offered to split the shift and stand duty from 8PM to 8AM--Boo!

He came home after work yesterday, I made us some dinner and we ate by candle light!
{it was exciting because for Christmas, Sweeter's parents got us a blu-ray player that has wi-fi}
During dinner we also listened to some classical music on pandora through the blu-ray player!
It was pretty neat!
We feel so tech-savvy!
We also set up a netflix account-look at how hip we are

After Sweeter left for work, I put on Julie & Julia and made some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
{I felt that it was most appropriate}
Santa brought me a pampered chef stone and these cookies had the honor of being the first dish I made
Super exciting!

I just love Meryl Streep!
{have you seen Death Becomes Her? if you haven't, rent it right now! it is totally worth it}
It was a good movie, and I would definitely recommend it..It is making me want to cook--a lot
I just may have to go out and buy her cook book and make the famous beef bourguignon recipe!

I cleaned up from my cookie fiasco and then I went to bed...I am an old lady who needs her beauty rest!
Today, when Sweeter gets home we need to clean up and run errands
He is off work for the rest of the weekend for the New Year, which is super exciting!

I wish you all a Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Duty is the wooorst! My hubs has a tiny flight student squadron so each one of them either gets AM or PM duty every week. It gets easier esp. when you have lots to do! baking was a good call =)

omg and I have the PC stone too -- it's AMAZING! I use it for spaghetti squash =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I LOVE our blu-ray with Netflix. It's so convenient and so much more cost effective than renting or going out to the movies. We definitely use it! :)

I <3 the baking, too. :)

Rebekah said...

We have Netlix on our Blu ray and on our Xbox and we love it! Those cookies sound good!

Megan said...

My husband is a fireman, so he has to work every other night. Sometimes, I hate it so much and other times I enjoy some peace and quiet! I think a movie and baking cookies is a perfect thing to do when the man is away!

Unknown said...

I love netflix! And Death Becomes Her was my favorite movie for a LONG time!
Great job getting through the night alone =)

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

agh I remember duty nights. i hated when hubby had to stay and i was all alone. i am not a fan of being home alone thru the night. so glad you survived and enjoyed it :) those cookies sound delish!!!
blu ray with wifi, that is so cool...never heard of it.

Adrienne Gomer said...

I just watched Julie and Julia last week! Cute movie. And welcome to the hip, high tech world of blu ray with wi-fi! Hahaha.

Tara said...

I liked Julie & Julia a lot too! For once the movie was FAR better than the book.