Image Map

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Guest Blogger--R from Romancing Rachel

Today is my first day of having a guest blogger...ever! 
This is so exciting!
And I couldn't be more excited that R from Romancing Rachel is my first ;-)
I love how she captivates her readers on her blog!
You all should definitely go check it out!

Without further adieu...
R, take it away!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!  I’m R from Romancing Rachel.  I’m thrilled to be allowed to highjack this blog today.  Know what happened when I was asked to do it?  Writers block!  I was trying to come up with a good topic to guest blog about and had nothing!
I could have told fun stories from work.  I mean, I work with 12 year olds.  Every day I hear amazing things that I just need to share with someone!  Did you know that it was the Wright Brothers that invented Buggs Bunny?  Yeah, that’s what I hear at work.  But that’s been done before.
Or maybe I could talk about the marathon I’m running.  Me, little miss non-athletic is strapping on the sneakers and participating in the Shamrock Half Marathon in March for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and I have fun bragging about that.  But I was afraid it would sound like I was asking for donations in doing that.
Then I got inspiration from a friend.  She and I have talked about many a great date I’ve gone on.  In fact, that’s what we were talking about when she asked me if I’d ever gone on a bad date.  Boy have I!  Let me take you back to that dreadful night…..
In college I worked at a county bar.  I was the girl at the front counter who checked id’s and took cover charge.  For work I was in black pants, a polo shirt that always seemed to big, and a cowboy hat that was anything but flattering on me and usually my long hair was braided.  Sometimes I felt like being goofy and would have the pigtail braid thing going on.  Can’t you just picture how cute that was?  Lucky for me I’m pretty outgoing and at that point was pretty darn flirty so I still met many a cute man at the door despite the outfit.
On this particular night, this blonde haired, blue eyed man walked by and I nearly dislocated my jaw it dropped so fast.  Every time he’d walk by my desk I’d blush and hope he’d talk to me.  And guess what?  Eventually he did!  Since my partner in crime at the door knew I was a bit flustered by this guy she helped him along.  Prompting him to ask for my number and seeing if I’d like to go out sometime.  The bar could have burnt down that night and I never would have noticed.  The hot guy asked me out!
The next day when my phone rang and he actually asked me to dinner I was dancing around excited.  This time when I’d see him I would look cute.  Good butt jeans, sexy beaded tank top, hair down and perfectly messy.  I put in some effort.  We met up at the restaurant and were having a nice time.  We were waiting outside for our table and I managed to not trip over my own tongue as we made small talk.  He handed me the restaurant beeper and told me he had to run to his car real quick, to just grab the table if we were called and he’d meet me inside.
Less than 30 seconds after he walked away the beeper was going off and I was telling the hostess to keep their eyes open for the tall, blonde guy who would be joining me. I sat where I could see him come in, ordered a soda and told the waiter that no, I’d wait to order until my date came in.  One minuet passed.  Then two.  Then five.  The waiter was looking at me with sad eyes.  The hostess came to check and make sure I didn’t give her the wrong description of my date. 
Finally I was willing to admit what happened.  I left a few dollars on the table for the waiter and walked out of the restaurant, trying to keep the tears from falling until I hit the car.  I couldn’t believe it.  I wasn’t stood up.  That I could have handled.  This was worse.  I was left!  I had been ditched!  How could someone do that?
The rest of the evening wasn’t important.  Neither are the next few nights at work.  But the next weekend when Mr. Jerk came into the bar and actually came through my line to be checked in I couldn’t believe it.  It takes balls of titanium to do something like that!  Of course the whole bar staff knew what happened.  The bouncers treated me like their baby sister and no one was going to get away with something like that.  It didn’t take long for Mr. Jerk to mouth off to the wrong bouncer and get himself not only thrown out of the bar but banned for life from there.  Seemed like sweet revenge to me. 
After a date like that it’s safe to say I can deal with just about anything men throw at me on dates now.  I mean hey, if we’re making it to the table it’s already a better date than that one right?
------------------------------------------------------------

Oh girl! I can't believe he did that to you!! That is terrible...
You are obviously better and stronger without that jerk!

I hope you haven't had any more of those dates.. :-)
Thank you for your post!!
Go check out R, she is an awesome blogger!
I hope you all have an amazing day!

6 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

WHAT? WHO does that? Oh heck no.

He apparently got what he deserved though... well done. ;)

Tara said...

Seriously, I don't get that at all! I mean...why bother going on the date if you're going to pull a stunt like that! Wow.

Jessie said...

Who does a thing like that?!? Well I'm glad he got what he deserved!

R said...

I'd say I handled myself with class when all this happened. I didn't get mad, just got even! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think Mr Jerk is an understatement! Who does that?!

Stacy said...

Hey lady! I got your package too!! Thank you so much! I love it!!! I plan to mention it in a blog coming up...probably this weekend. Thanks again! :)