Image Map

Friday, December 17, 2010

Guest Blogger--Lindsay from Sweet American Honey

Now on to my third guest blogger

I stumbled upon Lindsay's blog and my eye was caught by the beautiful wedding photos that she has posted on her sidebar! She was a stunning bride and so I decided to peruse her blog and read her posts and I just totally fell in l.o.v.e. with it!
She write about her life and the fun things that she does on a daily basis; from work stories to marriage and everything in between.
Then one day I was reading and I found out that her husband was a Marine and they met while they were stationed where my Marine is station! Small world!

I just have always enjoyed reading Lindsay's blog, so I asked her to write a special post for me!
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

Without further adieu...
Lindsay, take it away!

------------------------------------------------------------
 
I am so thrilled to be a guest at La Tache's blog. This is my first guest post and I was so excited when she asked me. She is a fellow marine's girl and that just makes me like her even more :-) It is not always easy being in the marine world, but some of us lucky girls are trying our hardest to deal with it. And for me it is now a relief that he is out. That my hubby isn't going to be deployed again or have to work insane hours. But the marines will always be part of him emotionally and physically (USMC is tattooed on the side of his torso). I am so excited that La Tache will soon see her Sweeter and that he will be home safely and they will be together again. Enjoying each other. Having fun together. :-)

Ok now on to my post :-) Sorry I ramble sometimes. Leaving home. Leaving family. Leaving friends. Can be one of the hardest things to do. But it can also be one of the best things one can do. I moved from a city right outside Los Angeles to Oceanside (San Diego) and it was the best thing that I could have ever done. I was going through some pretty rough things in my life...losing my brother, getting screwed by a guy, losing friends. I was not the happy girl I once was. I was losing weight. I would go out. I was depressed. 

Then one morning I got to work and I decided I had to move out. I had to start over and live my own life. Be on my own, away from my family. Start fresh. I was looking into schools for nursing in San Diego and I planned to go to San Marcos, after taking a few pre-reqs. I searched on craigslist and found a tiny one bedroom apartment right by the beach...yes I could walk to the beach in 5 minutes. I didn't know the area, but momma and I decided to check it out. I fell in love. Driving down to Oceanside, the weather was gorgeous. The view of the ocean was gorgeous. I knew I had to live there. I looked at my apartment, not the best area, but I didn't care at that point. I filled out the application and was approved. All.by.myself. I felt like it was such an accomplish, I didn't need a co-signer. :-)

I moved in the 3 day weekend in January. It was my own apartment. I made it exactly how I wanted it. I loved it. I felt like a huge boulder had been lifted off my shoulders. The first couple nights, I slept on the couch with the TV on because I wasn't used to living alone. I got over it and moved into the bedroom.
Oceanside was like therapy for me. I went to the beach every day. I laid out. I read. I listened to music. I cooked for myself. I drove around figuring out the town. I loved it.

I loved being alone. Not having to answer to any one. Not hearing the dogs bark. Not cleaning up after other people. It was mine. And it was the perfect time in my life to have it. I did not end up going to nursing school, I couldn't get into the classes...I was too late to sign up. So I just did my own thing.
Then the best thing happened. I met hubby @ Hooters on Friday night, February 15th.
He asked for my number and pretty much from that night on we were inseparable. He was stationed at Camp Pendleton, but basically moved in with me. Hubby was the best thing that happened to me. I know I moved to Oceanside for a reason and that was to 'find' myself and meet my hubby.

We all have times in our lives that are hard to deal with. We all want to run away at one point...sometimes it is good, sometimes it is not. For me it was. I needed to get away from family. I saw them pretty often and was close enough to drive home. Starting over is different for every person. But I think we all need to leave our roots and see what else is out there. I did just that.

Now hubby and I are in Texas, trying to get back to 'our' roots in Oceanside.We started our lives together there and that is where we want to continue our lives together.


Photobucket
 ------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay, that post was more than I could have asked for!
Thank you for your inspiring words!
As you know I have recently made a huge move and the words you wrote really hit home for me!

I hope you all will go and check out Linday's blog! She is a sweet lady with lots of great things to say!
I wish you all a very happy Friday!
{not to burst anyone's bubble...but my friday will beat all of your friday's beeeehinds....i can guarantee that!}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post!
how do you become a guest blogger? Do you just randomly pick people?

Jessica said...

Loved reading this post from Lindsay! Such a great story! :D

Rebekah said...

This is an awesome post! I loved it.

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

Thank you for asking me to guest post :)
i am more than positive your friday will be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! WOO HOO!!!! I am so happy and excited and thrilled for you!!! :D
ENJOY!!!!