
I had a Hot Stone Massage this afternoon at the Lafayette Park Hotel and it was absolutely wonderful!
If you are looking for a massage that is kind of shallow tissue but very relaxing with a lot of heat, this is definitely the massage for you. The masseuse used both her hands as well as the stones to really massage my entire body! I loved that the hands were also incorporated along with the stones, it was a perfect combination. I was almost asleep by the end because I was so relaxed!
The rocks are about palm sized and smooth and, I thought that I would be annoyed, but the sound of the rocks hitting each other when the masseuse was rubbing my back was so peaceful and calming! It is definitely a treatment that you should try if you haven't already!
The Lafayette Park Hotel is a charming hotel in the East Bay that I believe that everyone should stay at at least once. It has beautiful grounds, the rooms are spacious, yet cozy at the same time and the spa is filled with amazing aromas that will leave you wanting to buy every scented oil that they used on you!
What was great about today is that I went into the spa leaving cold and ugly weather outside and when I came out, the sun was out and it was blue skies all around! My mom and brothers and I sat around the pool and basked in the sun and relaxed! It was quite a lovely afternoon!
picture
No comments:
Post a Comment