Image Map

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Dress


I got engaged right around Christmas time which gave everyone the great gift idea of wedding books and magazines! I have read more wedding books than I can count and purchased way too many magazines (for any and all ideas)..they are all just so fun!

I began the wedding process by looking at dresses in magazines and on wedding websites. I absolutely fell in love with a dress that I saw in a bridal magazine layout. After seeing the dress, I immediately went to the website and saw that the designer line was having a trunk show! I looked up locations for the designer, and low and behold, there was a salon located in downtown San Francisco!

I gathered up my mom and my MOH and we headed over to the salon on a Friday night at the end of January [yes, I know - I started early!]. I spotted the dress I liked in the magazine right away, grabbed it, but wanted to give some other dresses and styles a chance. I fell in love with was the second dress I tried on, and OF COURSE, it was the one from the magazine layout! It is absolutely the dress of my dreams! It is totally my style and is flattering to my figure in every way!

The three of us left the store and headed over to Kulettos [one of my favorite restaurants] to have some dinner and drinks and think about the dress...the more time I (and we all) thought about the dress, the more we loved it! The next day, Saturday, we bought the gown!

The following week, the three of us went back to the salon and I was fitted for the muslin (the slip that will be the blueprints for when the gown is made)! The muslin should be arriving in the beginning of May and I will be fitted once again and then the dress will be made and everything will start moving along!

<Update>

When I was in the store, I tried on an off white version of the gown. My heart is set on a white dress for my big day so we are getting the dress in white. Last week, I got an envelope in the mail from the salon and was wondering what it was for. I assumed it was just a bill or something. I opened the envelope and I was surprised to find a swatch of the fabric of the gown and in the color that I am getting!

I AM SO EXCITED!

dress sketch

No comments: