My mom just had a birthday on Monday and to celebrate we went Wine Tasting in Napa with a couple of her friends! It was so much fun! We rented a Limo from home and toured the wine country all morning and into the early afternoon!
The morning started out with my mom running and yelling through the house that it snowed on her birthday! It was so cold at our house that it snowed at least an inch! We both got ready in her bathroom while giggling and catching up a little from our busy weekends :-)
Our first stop was at Domaine Carneros-Tattinger. The place was gorgeous! It was a beautiful day in Napa which made the entire day amazing! We got inside and sat down around a fireplace-unfortunately it wasn't lit, but it was such a cozy little spot! We tasted their sparkling wines and had a cheese platter. It sure was tasty!
When we were there, my mom was mentioning that it was her birthday and this older woman sitting at a table near us asked her how old she was...it was at that point that I decided to play a game :-) I asked the woman how old she thought my mom was (without saying "mom") and she guessed UNDER 30! We all were shocked and of course my mom was flattered! I asked the woman if she was serious and she changed her mind and said early 30's! I finally told her that she was my mom and the woman was in SHOCK! It was hilarious! I think my mom liked the game! We played it at the other wineries we stopped at.
After Treffethen, we went out to lunch. The woman who worked at Treffethen recommended Redd's. It was soo good! We all ordered something from the menu and shared each dish! My favorite, and the dish I ordered, was the butternut squash and pumpkin ravioli. Oh my gosh! They were heaven in my mouth! SOO TASTY! We also ordered the Tuna and hamachi tartar, the lettuce cups, and the pork buns. Each dish was different, beautifully plated and so tasty!
1 comment:
Sounds like you girls had fun your mom is beautiful I remember meeting her when you first initiated I believe. Either way I always remembered how pretty the two of you are!
Post a Comment