Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

EuroTrip 2016

As you all know, I love love love to travel. I definitely work to make it a priority and to - well - afford it. In March, my friend, Caitlin, and her friend, Shannon, told me that they wanted to go to Germany for Oktoberfest. Part of me thought that it was only a pipe dream, since it was only a few months away. I told them that I wanted to go, too, and waited to hear back. Caitlin forwarded me an initial interest email at the beginning of April, I responded and didn't hear back until the end of June. I made a game time decision and on July 19 I bought a plane ticket and the planning began. Oh, and I convinced my friend, Jess, to join in on the fun as well!

There were lots of emails and gchats and phone calls and get togethers and we were finally able to pull it together and had a very successful trip! 

Caitlin and Shannon left about 12 days before I arrived, Jess left 3 days before I arrived and we all met at the Munich Airport. We spent the first part of our trip in Munich drinking too much beer and having far too much fun. Shannon headed back to San Francisco and Caitlin, Jess and I moved on to Salzburg, Vienna and Prague, where Jess headed back to California and Caitlin and I continued on to Berlin and Cologne where I left Caitlin to travel on her own for about a week more. 

Over all, I had an epic time; but, I am looking forward to getting settled back into my life and work back in San Francisco because jet lag is a b*tch and I brought a cold on my trip, it decided it wanted to see Europe and fly back across the pond and punch me in the face after I got back.

More posts to follow! Can't wait to relive this awesome trip! 

No comments: