Image Map

Thursday, September 15, 2016

BottleRock & OutsideLands 2016

Can you believe that I have lived in the Bay Area all of my life (save 3 years) and I have never been to a music festival? Well, maybe you can...can you believe that I am now 29 and have never been to a music festival? That sounds more reasonable...right?

My friend Greg sent me a chat back in January about this fun festival in Napa called BottleRock. BottleRock is basically downtown Napa and is a three-day music festival. The music is more "my style" and it in the sunshine. The headliners were Stevie Wonder, Florence and the Machine and The Red Hot Chili Peppers - sold. We bought tickets, found an Air BnB that was walking distance to the festival and had the.best.time.


The weather was perfect. The food was delicious. The beer was cold. The music was awesome and the company was the best. To say that we are excited for BottleRock 2017 is an understatement. 

----

In preparation for BottleRock, we got a little excited and also bought tickets for the San Francisco Music Festival OutsideLands. OutsideLands was a little bit less "my style" music, which was fine. I actually didn't know most of the bands that were performing. To be honest, I wanted to sell my ticket, but in the end, I am so glad that I didn't. I will speak for everyone when I say that we had an epic time. We danced the cloudy days away in the cold nights, drank too much and just had and overall super time. 


getting fresh with Range Dave - we liked it more than he did....



we were totally sober, mom, don't even worry about it...


 I can't actually compare BR and OSL to each other because they were two very different shows, feels, vibes. They were both awesome and I can't wait for my music festival circuit to commence in 2017!

---

Music festival suggestions:
(1) Splurge for VIP if you can afford it. You will be so glad you did. You won't have to wait in the crazy lines for the nasty bathrooms, and the crowds will just be overall less
(2) Carry as little as possible
(3) Remember what you learned in kindergarten, share! Be friendly, people may share with you, and you can share with others
(4) Don't try on the wristbands before the day you are ready to wear them - Greg....(!)
(5) Bring a reusable water bottle. Stay hydrated! 
(6) Omg, dance you heart out and have the best time of your life! 

No comments: