Image Map

Monday, September 19, 2016

Alpha Gamma Delta Convention: Orlando 2016

As I have posted, many times before, I was in a sorority in college and since I graduated have volunteered for the organization in a few different roles, most recent is my role as Province Director for a collegiate chapter. 
Regardless of my involvement, Alpha Gamma Delta hosts an International Convention every 2 years. It is a time where we get to learn about what is up and coming with the organization as well as network with other sisters around the world. I just love Convention. I get to meet sister for the first time who I send email and have conference calls with multiple times a month and it is also a place for me to visit with sisters who I don't get to see as often as I'd like.
This biennium, Convention was hosted in Orlando. A few local sisters and I decided that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to Harry Potter World and Epcot Center. The weather was disgusting hot/humid, the butterbeer was flowing and the real beer was also consumed. Can you believe that the butterbeer is nonalcoholic?? Boooo, Harry Potter World, booooo!!!! 










we were caught at dinner in an incredibly beautiful thunder storm

We got to Orlando on Sunday night, went to the parks on Monday and Tuesday and Krissy joined us on Tuesday night. Convention started on Wednesday evening and went through Saturday night.

Wednesday during the day, Krissy and I went to the hotel spa. I had a massage and got my hair blown out. It was very luxurious! 







I was presented an award for the support that I have given to the sorority since I have been an alumna. It was pretty cool!










We had shirts made for all of the sisters who were at convention from California. We tried to coordinate a picture with everyone, but we only got the San Francisco Alumnae. 



These are the lovely ladies that I work with on the regular! 



We dress up quite nicely, if I do say so myself! 






tldr? We had a blast in Orlando. The end.

No comments: