Image Map

Thursday, August 20, 2015

I'm Baaack!

Annnnd....I'm back. I took 25 days to tour the world (read: Africa, Spain, France and England). 
My stepdad turned 60 last year and wanted to take the family on a big trip. Originally, we were going to go during Thanksgiving 2014 - on his birthday - but we couldn't get our act together so we postponed it to the summertime when my brothers were on summer holiday. So we got to planning. My family wanted to head over to Europe. I wanted to travel around Spain, but the birthday boy had other ideas in mind...so we added France to the itinerary. 
My friend Karly is living in Lesotho, a landlocked country inside of South Africa, and another friend of mine, Christine, and I decided that we wanted to visit her this summer. We wanted to make it a holiday for her, so instead of me traveling to Lesotho, we decided on head to Tanzania and Zanzibar. I was able to convince my parents to go to Europe closer to the end of the summer so I could go to Africa and then meet my family in Europe. Get two trips out of my flight.
And France was supposed to be my last stop.
Then a friend of mine, Christie, who I met in Peru, emailed me and we decided that she was going to meet my family in France and then she asked me if I wanted to go back with her to London! So, I said: "why not?!" and added 4 more days onto my trip to include a visit with old Peru friends, a trip to the seaside and an Indian Wedding.
So, here I am, 25 days later feeling like a whole new woman, full of new experiences and cultures adventures. It was truly the trip of a lifetime with old friends while making new friends. I can't wait to share! Get ready for a sh*t ton of pictures in the coming weeks! 

5 comments:

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

WOW! That is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you had been! So excited for you, can't wait to see all the pictures!

xoxo,

haleigh

haleighhudson.wordpress.com

Hilary said...

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about it! :-)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Loved following along on your pics you've been posting! Can't wait to hear more about the trip sounds like quite a great experience!!

Allie said...

I cannot wait to see the pictures! What an amazing adventure!