Since I started working at my last job and got a gym membership - I know, I am such an adult - I have been in desperate need of some workout ideas. I saw a trainer, I downloaded apps, I visited websites, but they all seemed to be the same exercises that I normally do. I also was having trouble finding workouts because of the surgery I had on my elbow and I was babying my arm and not doing anything with my upper body.
A few weeks ago, I had lasik and was off from exercising for about 3 weeks - I know, ick - and when I was able to start working out again I decided to get back into a full/total body workout and incorporate some upper body exercises. I started off by doing some lighter stuff and then moved into doing some of the classes at the gym. I was feeling great while being a little frustrated at myself for waiting so long to do this, since it wasn’t really bothering my arm.
In the beginning stages of this, the lovely friend Melissa from Real Nutritious Living reached out to me about this cool new program that she and her business partner were getting into: Bikini Body by Summer sponsored by The Healthy Bod Squad. I mean, the name itself is enticing, isn’t it? She asked me if I would try it out and write a post about it and, of course, agreed to it. We all need to spice up our exercise routines, right? Speaking of spices, these lovely ladies have also included detailed recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks!
I have officially been doing the workout for about 2 weeks now and I have been loving it. There is great variety with modifications, to make the exercises easier or more difficult.
The workouts are split up between upper and lower body and what I love most about the different workouts is, besides that they are quick so I get a lot of bang for my buck, they also incorporate core strength and even some of them are full body routines. So, on leg day, I don’t feel like I am neglecting my upper body and vice versa and it is also a good source for incorporating some cardio, getting my heart pumping and getting a good sweat on.
My favorite exercise, so far:
BURPEE JACK
*Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides.
*Bending at the hips and knees, reach down to put your hands on the ground.
*Once your hands reach the ground, extend your legs out behind you with a quick hop into a push-up position.
*Once your legs have been extended out straight, spread them wide and then pull them back in.
*Keeping your hands on the ground, reverse the leg drive motion to bring your feet back under you.
*Jump hop, raising your hands above your head.
Modification: To make this exercise easier, omit the jump at the end.
Variation: To make this exercise harder, add a pushup once hitting the ground before the jack.
Yes, I know that I am crazy to love that one, but I really felt it after and isn’t a post workout burn the best feeling ever?!
Anyway, I definitely recommend checking out The Healthy Bod Squad and hopping on the workout train. There are tons of great workout tips and healthier eating options - no diets, gimmicks or recipes that take up too much time. Since I am typically a healthy eater anyway, I am most excited about the variety of workouts to keep me engaged and wanting to go to the gym every day!
I hope you all join and when you do, let me know and we should start a fitness challenge! How fun would that be?!
**Disclaimer: I received the program for free, but all of the above thoughts are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment