Image Map

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 is the Year of La Tache

A couple of weeks ago my office had a holiday happy hour (to hold us all over until we have our holiday party in January) and as we were chatting, eating and drinking we decided to play this sort of 'drinking game' where we would go around the circle one-by-one, say what this coming year was going to be about, we would cheers, drink and then the next person would go.

For example, one friend said: this is the year of the body, we all cheers'd, drank and then someone said that this is going to be the year of not drinking as much, we all cheers'd and drank and so on. When it was my turn I had a hard time coming up with something because, first of all, not many people at my new office know what I am going through (so I didn't want to give too much away), and also I thought to myself: 'man..what will this year be about for me?' After a quick second of thinking my answer was: this will be the year of freedom.

Since that happy hour, I have been thinking a lot about what 2015 is going to bring for me and I have been doing a lot of reminiscing on what 2014 hit me with. It sure has been a challenging year, but it all happened for a reason and it all made me a stronger, more independent woman who I am more than proud to be.

So what I have decided for 2015 is that it is going to be the year is La Tache. This is the year where I learn how to say 'no' and don't feel bad about it. This is the year that I celebrate the wonderful relationships that I have and cultivate them into even stronger bonds. This is the year that I will meet new, awesome people and say 'see you later' to the ones who aren't encouraging me to be my best self. This is the year that I remind myself to say what I mean and mean what I say. This is the year that I am going to be selfish, in a good way, and do 'me.' This is the year I plan to spend lots of quality time with myself, figuring out what I want, what I need, who I am, what I have and what I can offer to the world. This is the year I travel to far away places and experiences new places and cultures. This is the year that is going to be the best one ever.

So let's all cheers, say a little prayer, do a little dance, send good thoughts into the universe that 2015 will be an amazing year full of love, friendship, joy and happiness - oh and good job ($$$) juju too :-)

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! Be safe and have a blast!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The year of LaTache! I love it! Have a great 2015 lady!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

This is totally your year!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Totally Tache! It's your year girlfriend!! LOVE IT!