As mentioned yesterday, we celebrated my sweet friend this past weekend: hosting a bridal shower and bachelorette party! It was an awesome weekend filled with so much love, it's just contagious!
I worked remotely on Friday so I was available to help my mom set up the house for the shower. We prepped the food and set the table and then were whisked away by the lovely bride-to-be for a quick mani/pedi complete with margartias....yes we know how to mani/pedi.
Let's chat about the Bridal Shower now.
I worked with Paige from Paige's Paper on etsy to custom design the invitations and they turned out amazing! I would definitely recommend her and order from her in the future!
Saturday morning we woke bright and early to put all of the food out, pop the champagne and play fun shower games! The shower was a total hit and was absolutely beautifully decorated by my sweet momma.
Theme:
High Tea
Party Favor:
Tea cups and saucers
Food:
Chicken salad (with grapes) heart-shaped sandwiches
Cucumber and watercress sandwiches
Salmon and cream cheese open faces sandwiches
Mini quiches
Susie cakes celebration cake
Susie cakes mini cupcakes
Susie cakes sugar cookies
Susie cakes lemon bars
Champagne & three types of tea
Games:
Bridal mad libs
Bridal pictionary
Toilet paper wedding dress
Clothes pin hot words- not allowed to say "wedding," "bride," or "groom"
Why do we do that? - common wedding superstitions and traditions and why we do them
Game prizes:
Dish towels
Cocktail napkins
Tea pot, sugar and creamer
Bride's take away:
A little book with words of wisdom and keys to a successful marriage notes (we also included the mad libs)
The shower was a huge hit, lots of champagne and tea, delicious food, laughter, reminiscing, a small fire, games, friends and family, and of course a ton of love!
As an added sweet surprise I had asked the groom to answer a few questions to help everyone at the shower get to know the bride and groom as a couple. I also asked the groom to record a short video, which was a total surprise that everyone loved!
The bride was showered with lots of love, rain and fun treats! I can't wait to celebrate in August for the big event!














4 comments:
I am absolutely dying over the tablescape and invitation!!!!!! SWOON! xx
So cute. You have the best taste La Tache!
What a lovely celebration, congratulations to Laura! I love the tea and saucer favors with the beautiful flowers. Looks like everyone had a great time!
That looks too cute! I love how the tables were set up.
Post a Comment