Image Map

Monday, April 14, 2014

5 Seconds of Summer

On Friday afternoon, one of our office managers, who has a clear view of the street, runs to the area I sit in to let us know that there are hundreds of teenaged girls standing outside... (we work across the street from a big building that acts as the home to a few bay area radio and tv stations)

Anyway, of course, a bunch of us run out to see who it is and witness the excitement on the street. We find out that the band is called 5 Seconds of Summer and they are performing a private concert for the radio station across the street. We get the information, and go back inside to watch from behind the window. All of a sudden the girls are running down the street toward the corner and they are all screaming and giddy. We rush outside just in time to see two big black suburbans turn the corner and drive down into the garage under the building all while the screaming increases along with the girls jumping up and down and taking photos.

We walk across the street and check in with the teens and they told us that the band drove by and rolled their window down...like ohmygawd

The band is now inside and there is not much more action, so we walked back to the office followed by a group of about 10 girls. We asked them about the band they are Australian, we asked which song to youtube She looks so perfect, we asked if they are better then One Direction Umm, yes, and we asked why they weren't in school I just didn't go.

During our very educational conversation, they were looking through their photos and one of them captured a picture from behind the suburban with an arm sticking out. 
Girl 1: Oh my god, how did you get that photo??!
Me: Well, I want to see!
Picture girl: It may not look like a lot to you, but it means a lot to us...

Well, of course it does you sweet thing! 

If you have (1) heard of this band and (b) listened to this song you are way ahead of most of our office. Now, let me leave you with their top-hit video...watch the entire thing...you won't be disappointed!


Now on to when the band left...screaming and yelping was coming from outside which meant only one thing: the band was leaving. We run outside. There were screams, tears, thumbs ups and jumping....I may have screamed and jumped...I did not shed a tear though....right?




(who knew I could make a gif on my phone..!?)


Merry Monday!

3 comments:

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

I heart SF. :)

Jamie @ jforjamie.com said...

Man, I miss working in the city and coming across such random happenings!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's pretty cool! Um... I need to learn how to make a gif on my phone!