My beautiful friend, who has this beautiful engagement story
to share with her kids and her kids kids, visited Rich and I right
after Christmas and we got to finally meet her soon to be mister.
So here is our story - it is kinda cute and I love to tell it!
It is recommended, at SF State, during your first year, and typically you first semester to take Speech 100 - which is now called Communications 100. I signed up to take the class during my first semester. I approached the open door in the humanities building and walked into the classroom that was equipped with 2-person desks in a few rows. The class was still pretty empty except for this cute blond and she was sitting at the desk by herself and I thought to myself, "She look cute and nice, I will take the seat next to her so that we can become best friends." {yes, I realize that was a little presumptuous, but hey...a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to make friends in college!} So I walked toward her, with my super outgoing and friendly personality, and asked if the seat next to her was taken. She smiled her super awesome and warm smile and me and said that it was all mine!
I sat down next to her and started up a conversation. She was a freshman, hey, I was a freshman! She lived in Mary Park, hey, I lived in Mary Park! Hello match made in heaven! I then asked her where she was from and from there we figured out that I used to live in her home town and we even realized that we were in the same 4th grade class! What a small world!
The rest of the semester and the year we would eat together in the dining center. We lost touch our sophomore year but then reconnected over the next 3 years because we were both RA's together and happened to be on the same staff one of those years!
Sadly, she has since moved to the east coast, but we have been able to keep and touch and remain close friends! She is such a bright and wonderful woman and I am thankful every day to have her in my life! And I can't wait to celebrate this next chapter with her: her engagement, her wedding and then her married life! I hope they move to the West Coast - STAT!
It is recommended, at SF State, during your first year, and typically you first semester to take Speech 100 - which is now called Communications 100. I signed up to take the class during my first semester. I approached the open door in the humanities building and walked into the classroom that was equipped with 2-person desks in a few rows. The class was still pretty empty except for this cute blond and she was sitting at the desk by herself and I thought to myself, "She look cute and nice, I will take the seat next to her so that we can become best friends." {yes, I realize that was a little presumptuous, but hey...a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to make friends in college!} So I walked toward her, with my super outgoing and friendly personality, and asked if the seat next to her was taken. She smiled her super awesome and warm smile and me and said that it was all mine!
I sat down next to her and started up a conversation. She was a freshman, hey, I was a freshman! She lived in Mary Park, hey, I lived in Mary Park! Hello match made in heaven! I then asked her where she was from and from there we figured out that I used to live in her home town and we even realized that we were in the same 4th grade class! What a small world!
The rest of the semester and the year we would eat together in the dining center. We lost touch our sophomore year but then reconnected over the next 3 years because we were both RA's together and happened to be on the same staff one of those years!
Sadly, she has since moved to the east coast, but we have been able to keep and touch and remain close friends! She is such a bright and wonderful woman and I am thankful every day to have her in my life! And I can't wait to celebrate this next chapter with her: her engagement, her wedding and then her married life! I hope they move to the West Coast - STAT!
uqcshlukaxroqdfv7795=ot)242+=5+7=527=XROQDF)2+;5867943246ot1lsi.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment