Image Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

5 on Friday

1. Dare I say that I am glad that the holidays are over? I don't mean any disrespect to the holiday season, but, I am exhausted (!) and so ready to be back to my regular routine: sleeping in my own bed, cooking and eating healthfully, the daily grind of typical work, less stimulation and all around calm. *Phew* Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with family and friends from near and far, there is really nothing better, but I definitely need a vacation from our vacations!

2. Surprise! Rich and I went to Arizona for 5 days to celebrate my FIL's 60th birthday! It was a great trip! We got lots of family time in, experienced some Arizona sites, ate and drank to our hearts content, saw a few friends and met one of my best girlfriends new baby!

Tonto National Park, Arizona

3. I am not big into making New Years Resolutions. I hardly ever keep them and then I beat myself up for breaking them. So, for the past few years, as I reflect on the previous year I think about the aspects of my life where I want to improve. Every year, judge less and love more is on my list. This year, I wan to volunteer once per month. Alone. Only Me. Yup, I want to do this for myself, I don't want it to be a social get together, I want to use the time to focus on the organization I choose and live, love, reflect and make a difference.


4. 2014 is going to be a great year. There will be a lot of unknown, living, friends, healing, frustration, excitement, change, love, exercising, family and hopefully travel. I can't wait to see what the year has in store for me and for my family!

5. And last but certainly not least: mid January, a friend of mine is hosting a Bay Area Blogger Meetup! Check it out here and definitely come if you can! It will be tons of fun....! I am caking on the peer pressure, cantcha tell?!



3 comments:

Alyson said...

Now that they are over, I am kinda glad the holidays are over too! I am just ready for my routine and normal life back. I hear ya!

Cheers,
Alyson

Nina @ Flowers in my Hair said...

So excited for number 5! And our blate (I saw that last week on Friday five haha)www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

Catherine Gacad said...

i will be at the blog meetup!