Do you ever think about how your actions dictate your future? For example, your family moved to a different neighborhood and you met your best friend in the entire world. Or, you were on the fence about colleges and when you finally decided on the right one, your dorm room neighbor turned out to be the love of your life? Or, you always drive on a certain street to get to the store, and this time you picked a new route and avoided an accident?
Deep, I know.
I have been thinking about this very topic over the last few days. See...on Friday morning I was startled awake by terrible, debilitating neck pain. It was so bad I could hardly get out of bed. I actually didn't go into work and I cancelled my trip to Arizona to meet one of my best friend's baby.
While I lay, immobile, in my bed high on probably too much ibuprofen, I was informed that my mode of transportation to and from work suffered from computer glitches and didn't start running until the late morning. Phew! Cut to me feeling great, standing on the platform with my suitcase fuming that I was so late....Oh how that would have made me annoyed....
On Saturday morning, I woke up with my neck in a soft collar to be told by my husband who had already gotten out of bed and read some of the news that there was a car crash and a gun scare that evacuated a few terminals at LAX, where my layover was scheduled to be had I gotten on that plane. Can you even imagine the emotions and the turmoil that flooded LAX on Friday night, especially after what happened there on November 1st. Cut to me feeling great being evacuated from my flights terminal and the fear that would engulf my husband...oh my gosh, and my mom!
I spent the rest of the weekend counting my blessings and being grateful that my neck was in so much pain and I was unable to move around - is that weird?!
Anyway...just a thought!
I hope you all are enjoying your, for some, last day of work before a long weekend, and for other, the first day of a super long weekend! May all of your bellies be full, your hearts happy and your body grateful for all of your life blessing!
I am thankful we live so close to my family and that my neck is on the mend!

1 comment:
Gosh that is so very deep Tache but so very very true.. That's a crazy spin of events especially with what your travel schedule would have been. did you find out what caused the neck pain? But glad to hear it's getting better!
Post a Comment