Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Baseball, a BBQ and a Birthday

 

This weekend I turned 26! It was a warm weekend celebrated with family and friends, a couple of baseball games and lots of food and drinks!

We went to 2 baseball games, had a big and fun party, ate, drank and had the best weekend!

On Friday, I spent the day with my mom getting everything ready for the party on Saturday night. Rich called and told me our friends had found awesome ticket prices for a Giants game the night. We couldn’t pass it up, so we headed to SF and watched an almost perfect game (sorry Giants, I didn’t know the rule…), drank beers, ate huge bratwursts and enjoyed the uncharacteristically warm temperature for San Francisco!

20130906_19505620130906_195801

20130906_195852

 

On Saturday we woke up early and headed to a small picnic that one of Rich’s professors hosted in Tilden Park. It was beautiful outside and it was great to meet everyone in Rich’s small mod (a small group of students who take classes together). We had to leave early because my parents had already organized going to an Oakland A’s game.We got there right as the game begun. It was hot hot hot but fortunately enough our seats were in the shade, so we weren’t too exposed – the A’s won! The announcer for the A’s loves the high school in my hometown and my parents were able to buy tickets to watch some of the game from the announcer’s box. It was really neat! They also wished me a happy birthday from the jumbo screen! I’m a loved gal!

20130907_132828

20130907_135530

20130907_135534

20130907_135554

20130907_135631

20130907_140648

20130908_115511

20130907_151455

After the game we headed back to my parents house to get ready for the party. We had a pretty amazing spread of food and decided that the drink for the night would be a mojito. It was delicious! We ate, drank and chatted all night! I had such a great time! I have been blessed with amazing people in my life!

20130907_205631

20130907_214114

20130907_222101

20130907_222205

20130907_222338

On Sunday Rich and I went for coffee and a pastry, I dropped him off at school for a training and to study and I headed back to my parents house to spend the day with my mom. We brought out the spread from the night before and ate and drank and laughed and chatted. One of my best friend also joined us in making a dent in all of the food!

20130908_103910

20130908_123726

20130908_164535

And I found this gem at my parents house ;-)

IMG_20130908_113634

I picked up Rich and we headed for a sushi dinner and then home to watch some Frasier (I am old now) and then straight to bed. With the temperatures as high as they were this weekend and we had been outside for most of the days, I was pooped!

26 will be a great year, probably the best year yet. And I can’t wait to see what comes my way! (Here is a recap of the first 25 years of my life and here is a recap of my most recent birthdays)

1 comment:

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

So fun!!! Happy {late} birthday!! :) You look gorgeous btw!