| image |
I was looking for something to read and went to Oprah's book club site and this was the book that was featured. I checked it out and was not able to put it down.
Wild is Cheryl Strayed personal memoir of hiking through California and Oregon from the Mojave Dessert to the boarder of Oregon & Washington on 1,100 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). The PCT is 2,663 miles in its entirety running from the California/Mexico Boarder all the way to the Washington/Canada Boarder. As I turned the pages I was enchanted by her struggle in her personal life as well as her trials and tribulations on the trail itself. I commend her for taking the leap, selling all of her possessions (except what she needed on the trail), going into the unknown of the wilderness with all that she owned on her back and making the journey of a lifetime. From the people she met to the places she had to sleep and the hard work her body endured to survive is more than inspiring.
---
A couple of summers ago, Rich and his friend from high school hiked the John Muir Trail (JMT) which is a section of the PCT in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, starting in (or ending in) Yosemite and ending (or starting at) the summit of Mount Whitney (the highest summit in the contiguous United States). So reading this memoir and remembering Rich's stories made me want to hike the PCT! If she can do it, I can do it!
2 comments:
oh I really want to read this! My fiancé did the Oregon section of the PCT. I would love to hike part of it
How awesome! I need to pick this book up. It sounds really motivating!
Post a Comment