Image Map

Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Tour of the Midwest: Indiana Edition

Chicago and a bit of Michigan = first leg of the trip!

On Saturday Morning Lindsay, her husband and I woke up early, had breakfast, got the car packed: pillows, air mattress, suitcases, dog and headed on our way to Indiana. We chatted the entire way. We had very insightful conversations including anything and everything that is considered controversial. I love sharing ideas, thoughts and opinions with these two!
IMG_4350

We arrived in Indiana, at Lindsay's parents house, I met her family, we dropped off the pup and headed to a small college town of Broad Ripple so Lindsay could get her hair cut and her Husband and I headed to the local brewery, Thr3e Wise Men for some beers and appetizers. Then we headed to Petite Chou by Patachou for a late lunch.

After lunch we went back to Lindsay's parents house and we helped decorate for the baby shower the next day.

On Sunday we woke up, after staying the night with one of Lindsay's great friends, whom I've met before, had chocolate chip pancakes and then headed back to Lindsay's parents' house to get ready.

The shower was beautiful. Lindsay is beautiful. It was a beautiful day filled with love, family and friends. I am so grateful to have been included in such a special day!
IMG_4368IMG_4376IMG_4399IMG_4407IMG_4422IMG_4425IMG_4428

Lindsay and I met through the Alpha Gamma Delta Los Angeles Junior Circle. Her shower was full of other Alpha Gamms who have been monumental in Linsday's life and who I have heard so much about. It was great to meet new sisters and get to know some of the people who have helped shape Lindsay into the woman she is today. I am blessed to have her in my life and I am grateful to have met her every day. Lindsay's grandmother was also an Alpha Gamm. There was something magical about talking to her about her Alpha Gamm experiences and how she stays involved today. Of course, we couldn't miss out on the opportunity to take a Squirrely Picture, 2 generations and a little legacy!

My long weekend in the Midwest was so special. Lindsay and her friends and family were more than welcoming and it was so nice to finally meet everyone! Lindsay is a special woman and I just know that her little baby boy will be the most loved, smart, kind, loving, genuine person because he will be surrounded by so many people who love him and who will support him. Congratulations Lindsay! You are going to be a great mom and we can’t wait to meet the little Doctor President :-)

No comments: