Todays Blogger is my longest life friend. We met at a tennis camp.
We quickly became best friends and have stayed close ever since.
Through high school with our girls sleepovers and college with our phone dates and now after college with our monthly lunches this gal means the world to me.
oh, and where did she find these pictures?!
----
La Tache seems to find the most meaningful and inspirational quotes, and as a guest blogger I tried to
follow suit so I typed “leisure” into a quote database website and WOAH - I did not expect it to be that
hard. Quotes saying: leisure is for the lazy, leisure is reached at retirement, fill leisure with duties and
work, leisure leads to philosophy…. Basically, enough to make me very confused….
So, relying on my analytic nature, I defaulted to the very wise Merriam-Webster: “Leisure: freedom
provided by the cessation of activities; especially, time free from work or duties”. The broad definition
explains why each person’s view of leisure is so different. And while leisure could lead to laziness or
stress, I do think that it is important for all of us to take time for ourselves.
La Tache, you are always dependable, responsible and supportive of others, and even though it will take
surgery and a lot of medication, you deserve some time of leisure. I hope that you are able to relax and
enjoy this time to reflect on the accomplishments that you have achieved, to enjoy the life that you have
created for yourself and to be excited for the many adventures that you will have in the future.
I wish you a safe and speedy recovery. And if laughter is the best medicine, here are a few gems of the
past:
1 comment:
so fun to see photos of bloggers when they were younger :)
Post a Comment