Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

Joy - Guest Blogger


The following Blog post was written by one of my greatest & most favorite college friends.
I remember walking into our Freshmen Comm class, seeing this beautiful, kind & friendly looking lady sitting at a table for two so I decided to take this opportunity to sit next to her and make a new friend.
We were both Freshmen, so why not, right?!

Well it turned out that she and I had gone to the same elementary school and were in the same 4th grade class!
What a trip/small world right?!
Well since then we have been friends and our friendship has grown into such a strong and loving friendship. I am so grateful for her!

And today happens to be her 26th birthday!
Happy Birthday Beautiful!


---

I think they best way to enjoy life is to find the things that bring you joy.
Although, making big plans for awesome trips to the happiest or most romantic
places on earth can be a great way to find joy in your life… but unless you have an
endless budget it might not be the best idea to only rely on the big joyous trips. It
can be a better idea to find joy in the little things in life.



Such as flavorful foods….At first I was thinking of fatty foods; such as Cookies,
Cakes, Pies and Ice Cream. But as I was thinking more about it there is an endless
list of meals that have a lot of flavor and are healthy at the same time.



My partner loves to tell the story of when a music teacher asked her class what
equals the sound of joy. A determined little boy raised his hand and replied with
his answer that it is the sound of a dog's tail as it hits the wall when they first
greet you.



A good exercise session is wonderfully joyful. Reaching your goals, with your
health, at your job, and in life is exciting and joyous.



A smile is a universal sign of joy. However, I think a face with a smile that used to
have a frown on it is so much more joyous…

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”
― E.E. Cummings

I think sometimes it can be difficult to enjoy the little things in life, but doing so
will make life more enJOYable every day.

No comments: