Image Map

Monday, September 17, 2012

Veggie Menu (Week 9)

Monday: Tofu Tostadas

How I made them:
I used the Trader Joe's Chile & Onion tortillas, popped them in the toaster oven and toasted them.
We grated extra sharp cheddar cheese and put black beans (that we re hydrated), red bell peppers, spinach and avocado. I then made a little dressing to put on top - some salsa, red wine vinegar salt and pepper - and I drizzled that on top!
It was tasty!



Tuesday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread & Salad

I used the sauce from this recipe
We had our friends over for dinner and they have 3 small children. I figured that you can't go wrong with garlic bread, salad and spaghetti in a marinara sauce.
I was wrong...ha!
It was hit among the adults, but too spicy for the kiddos...oops!
They ended up eating noodles with butter, EVOO, salt & pepper
They LOVED the garlic bread, though!

Wednesday: We had leftover pasta from Tuesday


Thursday: Gratinéed Ricotta and Spinach Gnocchi
This was really tasty!
We actually made the gnocchi on Wednesday and put it all together on Thursday.
I think if I was to make it again, I would add garlic to it, it seemed to be 'missing' something.



Friday: I was in Denver for work.
I ate at the hotel restaurant Zink
The food here was delicious!
This was the first time I had ever eaten at a restaurant by myself.
It was glorious!
I didn't have to entertain anyone buy myself and I didn't have to keep conversation with anyone.

My international ginger ale...

Lemon Drop and Caesar Salad



Champagne and Dessert 
Red Wine & Spaghetti




















Saturday: Gemelli Salad with Green Beans, Pistachios, and Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette
This was also very tasty!
We, sadly, did not have any parmesan cheese..Oh well, it was tasty non the less!



Sunday: We were at Disneyland (Post about that later this week)

1 comment:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Looks delicious - all of it!! :) Can't wait to see pics from DL!