Image Map

Monday, September 24, 2012

Veggie Menu (Week 10)

These are tasty! 
I didn't have any zucchini or cornstarch...and they still turned out tasty!


I liked these, but probably wouldn't make them again.
Rich isn't a big fan of corn...
And instead of just corn, I used the corn and chili salsa from TJ.
Tasty and add more flavor!


Tuesday: Everything but the Kitchen Sink Pasta
Pasta
2 cloves of garlic
1 Shallot
1/2 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup of chopped artichoke hearts
1 red bell pepper
Red Wine Vinegar & EVOO - enough to make a light sauce
Salt & Pepper & Red Chili Flakes to taste

Boil the pasta according to the package and mix everything together and serve!
This would be really tasty with some feta cheese on top!

We had to make/use what we had in the fridge, so I through everything together and created a pasta dish
It was tasty and light
Definitely good for a warm summer night!


This was pretty tasty. 
We didn't add any olives.
Another light, summer meal.
I sliced a few pieces of bread, drizzled it with EVOO added a dash of salt and pepper and toasted them - definitely delicious with this salad.


Thursday: Fontal Polenta with Mushroom Sauté
I made this at the beginning of our meatless menu.
The polenta is delicious!!

I had to go into a Japanese Market to find the While Miso.
Everything was in Japanese and I still found it!
I am quite proud of myself!
We really liked this!
It is hearty but not heavy.
The Miso dressing is tasty!
And we used the Chile & Onion Tortillas from TJ. Next time I may get a different wrap.
They were good!
(We had to eat them like tacos...)


Saturday: We went out to dinner
Swate Night :-)
(Sweeter Date Night)
Milo Olive
Delicious pizza and you must get the garlic knot!
We are going to make this on our own...I'll let you know how it goes!

Sunday:  Barley and Sweet Potato Pilaf
 Sadly, I had to use chicken broth.
And we topped it with Parmesan Cheese.
I found that I had to add a lot more liquid than what was listed in the recipe.
Keep an eye on it and add water if it starts to stick to the bottom.
Stir occasionally.

Also, I used Sweet Potatoes...not yams...
I am going to do some research on the difference because it is one of my pet peeves when I make something that calls for sweet potatoes, so I get sweet potatoes and then you look at the pictures and they are using yams!
EEEK! ;-)
(Yes, this is my issue now and YES I do feel blessed!;-))


Cheers!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm going to have to try the black bean burrito bake. I love black beans! And the kale wraps. LOVE kale too!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys made some tasty stuff!!

Kari said...

Looks delicious!