Monday we ate leftovers :-)
Tuesday: Was Rich's big event downtown! I am so proud of him! We got home very late, so we just had raviolis from costco. We added zucchini and made a yummy sauce of ricotta cheese and balsamic vinegar to go on it, it was very tasty!
Wednesday: We went out in West Hollywood at Dan Tana's Italian Restaurant! We went out to celebrate the end of Rich's summer contracting job!
This was amazing!
So, as you may notice, I get the recipe and then alter it to what we have in the fridge as well as to what our taste buds like!
We had some basil that needed to be eaten, so I chopped up some basil with the spinach and sauteed it.
Soo delicious with the basil! Yum!
And I added some red onions to the insides as well!
We used the herb pizza dough from Trader Joe's - best things ever!
I didn't bake it in the pie pan because, well, I didn't read the directions and had already started using the pizza stone (And I hate doing dishes, so I wasn't about to dirty the pizza stone for no reason! HA!)
This was delicious! I would absolutely recommend making this!
This was also amazing!
It was so light and perfect for summer!
I didn't add the olives, because I don't like olives...ha!
And we used an herb goat cheese from Trader Joe's -- yummm!
Saturday: Spiced Black Bean, Grilled Avocado, and Goat Cheese Tacos
The grilled avocado were amazing! Definitely recommend making these!
The tacos....not my favorite.
They were tasty and the spices were great. It was hard to get them ground fine enough to not have kernels...so if you already have the spices ground, use that!
I think they would have tasted much better in corn tortillas, but we used the chile & onion ones from Trader Joes - if you haven't had these, you haven't lived...
Sunday: Pasta With Marinated Tomatoes and Mozzarella
This wasn't my favorite dish either...
I did however, forget the most important ingredient...basil! WHAT?! Oops!
I felt like this was too hard to eat - you couldn't get it all on your fork in one bite!
In the marinating, I also added the balsamic reductions, about a teaspoon - which was very tasty!
The grilled avocado were amazing! Definitely recommend making these!
The tacos....not my favorite.
They were tasty and the spices were great. It was hard to get them ground fine enough to not have kernels...so if you already have the spices ground, use that!
I think they would have tasted much better in corn tortillas, but we used the chile & onion ones from Trader Joes - if you haven't had these, you haven't lived...
Sunday: Pasta With Marinated Tomatoes and Mozzarella
This wasn't my favorite dish either...
I did however, forget the most important ingredient...basil! WHAT?! Oops!
I felt like this was too hard to eat - you couldn't get it all on your fork in one bite!
In the marinating, I also added the balsamic reductions, about a teaspoon - which was very tasty!
We love it!
1 comment:
I made grilled avocado as soon as I bought a Geroge Foreman (hey, I live in a small condo, no grills!) and I love it! I'd eat that alone for dinner some nights.
Post a Comment