Image Map

Monday, July 30, 2012

Veggie Menu (Week 2)

Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Mustard Roasted Salmon, Herbed Basmati Rice, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This meal was delicious!
Simply, delicious!
I loved the rice!!
We added some garlic & onion powder to the Brussels Sprouts which made them taste delicious!
I have never made salmon or Brussels Sprouts before.
The salmon came out delicious and the Brussels Sprouts were tasty, I think that they could have been taken out a bit sooner, they were very soft inside. I am not sure if that is how they are supposed to be...?

Overall, I recommend this dish!

Wednesday: Thai Pizza with Broccoli, Mushrooms & Red Peppers
This was very tasty!
We made a few personalized updates to this recipe based on ingredients that we had/have
We used the leftover sauce from this recipe. It was almost the exact same sauce recipe.
We also used green bell peppers and the garlic & herb pizza dough from Trader Joes.
It was very tasty!!

(Sorry for the picture..I forgot to take a picture after it came out of the over..so this is my leftover lunch :-))
Thursday: Mediterranean-Style Rotini with Toasted Garlic Panko
This was very good!
We made a few changes to this as well, again, based on what we had in our pantry :-)
I roasted cherry tomatoes in the oven at 375* in EVOO and my balsamic reduction, and added that to the mix.
We used chicken broth, not vegetable broth (bad veggie eater...bad bad!)
Also I made my own bread crumbs... just took some old/stale bread and threw it in the food processor with some EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic..it was good and I loved the bread crumb addition to this pasta dish, don't go without if you can!


the finished product!
The basil really added a lot of flavor! (to be honest, I think I added too much...ha!)
This was tasty, very flavorful and pretty easy!

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday Snack: Grain-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

These are delicious! And the perfect treat!
I even used bulk beans that I soaked!

Saturday: Bourbon Mango Pulled Summer Squash Sandwiches


This is definitely a sandwich I will be making again!
We made these without the bourbon, because, honestly, I don't have any - and I totally forgot to add the vanilla extract. Oops!
And we also left out the mango, because, well, Rich doesn't like fruit.
I also added some sliced onions to the mix of squash and zucchini. 
Yum!
Without all of these items, they were still delicious!
These were finger licking good :-)

Sunday: Sweet Potato and Tofu Enchilada in a Mole Sauce

Oh. My. Gosh.
Ahhhmazing!
We had guests over and made this and it was fabulous!
However, it did take a while because I forgot to cook the potatoes before hand, so I was running around the kitchen getting everything ready. Fortunately, you don't need to potatoes until the last step, so you can prep and cook everything else while the potatoes cook and cool.


The inside of the enchilada!
The tofu is from Trader Joe's, we didn't use chipotle chili powder or cloves because well, we are on a budget and that s**t is expensive! We were not about to break the bank for 2 spices that we were going to use a pinch of. And to be honest, you couldn't even tell!
We used the Chile & Onion Tortiallas from Trader Joe's - they are the best, if you haven't tried them, you haven't lived.
And we used feta cheese. I love feta cheese!
This was sooo good!


I also made quinoa, as per the directions and I made this bean dip that was delicious!
Bean Dip: I took a can of black beans and a couple tablespoons of salsa from the fridge and put it in the food processor and then pureed it until it was smooth.

I made guacamole (2 avocados, and a couple of table spoons of salsa from the fridge mixed together) and this bean dip for the snacks before dinner was made to enjoy with chips.
The bean dip was awesome and then I served it along-side the quinoa and the enchiladas - it was sooo tasty!

Buon Appetito

No comments: