Image Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Day in the Life: Education Services Day 6

I had a customer call because he was unable to sign up for a free trial to one of our products on our website.

(side note, to set up an electronic trial on our website, a credit card is required and our system is very specific...)

The customer was submitting his credit card number and he was getting an error message saying that the card was being rejected and to call his bank to inquire about the issue.

I asked the customer for his email address and confirmed his information was correct.

Me: Is <inset address> your billing address?
Customer: That is my home address.
Me: Ok, is that your billing address?
Customer: <Insert a very agitated tone> My billing address? What do you mean? I don't know what you are talking about!
Me: Your billing address...the address that is connected to your credit card. The address where your credit card bills are sent. Your billing address.
Customer: Oh, no, that is my home and I get my bills to the office...

Seriously?!
Who does that?!
Why would you NOT give the billing address connected to your credit card when filling out information on line?
Really?!

Only our customers....

No comments: