Image Map

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Day in the Life: Customer Service Volume 36

Happy Monday to All!


So I was a little offended by a customer...


Customer: What is your name, again?
Me: La Tache
Customer: Spell it
Me: L.a.T.a.c.h.e.
Customer: Where are you? You must not be in the United States. You must be in India, or somewhere...
Me: We are in Los Angeles, how can I help you today?

What a buffoon!

Why would you assume I am in a different country by my name?
Isn't the US a melting pot?

Oh because your name is is Bulgarian does that mean you are in Bulgaria?
I mean, obviously...!

And furthermore, don't be rude to me.
I understand that there are a lot of people who have a grudge against big businesses who have outsourced the call centers overseas, I get that
There is still no reason for you to be rude to the people who answer the phone!

Anyway...
That was my rant
Thanks for reading :-)

I wish you all a Happy Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Which is especially funny because most of the time if you get someone outside of the US, their name is "Bob" or "Janet" anyway.