Image Map

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To Try...

I read an article and was thinking to myself - "I totally say that!"
Don't you love when your actions are affirmed with published support?! 
:-)

 When I was in college, I had a boss of mine tell me that I need to cut the work "try" out of my vocabulary.
Either you do, or you don't
There is no try.

She actually said me:
"To try is an act of nothingness"

Think about it...
When you say you 'tried' to do something...
What does that mean?
Usually, it means, you did it, and it didn't work
{or something like that)
Right?

Everyone should cut the word "try" out of their vocabulary
It really isn't a word that is necessary for us to use
It doesn't spice up our conversations
It doesn't make us sound strong and educated

Next time you catch yourself saying the word "try"
Stop and rethink how you could say the same sentence without it

Baby Steps!

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I thought of you today. Some lady on the phone told me she was going to give me a piece of advice because I was young. I wanted to slap that B back to wherever she came from. Adventures in customer service!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

tony ALWAYS tells me that. he said you don't try, you either do or you don't. There is no other option. I never really thought of it until I met him.
Great post! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love this!! I totally need to work on it!