Alright...So I live in LA.
I know that it isn't the safest place in the world...
It's, actually, probably higher on the "Not Safe" list than the "Safe" list!
We have been receiving emails from our apartment complex letting us know that there has been a lot of theft in our community and to be aware of our surroundings and make sure that we lock our doors and windows and don't "entice" potential intruders.
Rich and I are very safe.
We keep everything locked and the blinds drawn when we are not at home.
We don't keep our valuables in plain site and we keep our garage locked.
On Tuesday night we were sitting at home watching Cheers after dinner and we heard very loud noises outside.
We looked outside and saw LAPD helicopters flying overhead.
We normally don't think much of it because we live right next to the 405 freeway (the most used freeway in the US - if I'm not mistaken)
So, we looked outside and saw the helicopter and it was basically right over our complex!
It was flying around with its spot light and, fortunately, we concluded that it was down the street and was not in our complex.
Last night was the scary part!
We, again, were sitting on the couch watching Cheers after dinner when we heard the helicopter again.
We thought it was odd that this was two nights in a row, now.
We looked out the window and saw that the helicopter was circling right above our building.
The spotlight was shining in the courtyard of our apartment and on multiple occasions directly into our apartment.
So, Rich decided to go "check it out" and left me alone in the house...
I could have crawled into the closet and cried! ha! I am such a baby!
He came back a few minutes later saying that he had been in the parking lot out front and the helicopter was circling and it shined its spotlight on him! Obviously, he wasn't the one they were looking for and so they moved on! Scary!
He got back inside and we turned off all of the lights and just looked out the window.
All of a sudden we saw like 6 police officers running through a complex and the helicopter was lighting their way!
We both ended up going out into the hallway to look out the window to the back, where all of our garages are, to see if we could see any action, while staying out of the way!
Fortunately, we didn't see anything crazy and pretty much everything had died down by that point - i.e. the action had moved along and passed our apartment.
Needless to say, I was scared!
I don't think I have ever felt threatened like this, in my home, before.
And let me tell you, it was not a good feeling!
The rest of the night was spent "training" me on survival tactics and how to protect myself
It was more of a refresher, since we had a "session" when we first moved in together!
1 comment:
How scary!! I'm so glad that you and Rich were ok that you didn't find the guy running around your complex!
Post a Comment