I get very upset when men or women make sexist comments
Customer: I didn't get my paper on Monday or today
Me: Ok, I will credit your account for the missed issues. Your new expiration date is XYZ. I will also send a message to the carrier and let them know that you were missed.
Customer: Well, I am wondering if the carrier is delivering the paper and it is being stolen?
Me: Where does the carrier usually leave the paper?
Customer: In the lobby. I live in an apartment building. You know what, it must be the carrier because I live in a building that is mainly women and they wouldn't be interested in reading a business publication
Honestly, it took every ounce of control to not hang up on the man.
Why would you say that 1) in general and 2) to a woman?!
What an ignorant fool
Thanks for reading my rant...if you made it this far :-)
Happy Tuesday!
Sheesh...
Sheesh...
4 comments:
Ugh! What a jerk!
Surprisingly, people say the same kinds of things to their waitstaff. Here's the thing: just because I'm schlepping trays doesn't mean I'm unintelligent, lack interest in a corporate life or simply gave up on landing a salaried position in a difficult economic situation. But nine times out of 10, you bite back the snarky comment and plaster a smile on your face. (Luckily, I landed a great job with a TV station and I now get paid salaried instead of whatever tip my patrons decide I should make that day, regardless of quality of service.)
Rule #1: Do NOT f*ck with someone that handles your food. I'm just sayin.
Ri.dic.ulous.
Whatever. Stupid, stupid.
Oh wow. Some people have too much nerve for their own good.
Post a Comment