Image Map

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Day in the Life: Customer Service Volume 9

I totally forgot about this customer/experience...
....Until they called again

Picture this...
It is my first day on the phones on my own. I have 2 weeks of training, listening, typing, talking and doing all of the above at the same time.
I get to work...
...I'm sweating
...I'm worried
...I'm nervous
...I don't want to be there!

The last call of the day goes a little something like this...

Me: {Introduction}
The customer is irate because they won something at a money show and didn't get what they won...
Me: What is your last name and zip code?
Customer: {gives me their last name}
Me: What is your zip code, Sir?
Customer: First of all, I am not a "Sir"
Me: Oh, I am sorry, we don't have a very good connection...

Oh! My! Gosh!

She really sounded like a man...
...I felt so bad!

I am sure that I turned bright red
I apologized profusely
I died a little bit
I laughed a little bit
This was not a good way to start off a call...
This woman was rude, not patient, cranky

...on the bright side: she kept me at work for 30 extra minutes so I got some overtime....

I get it, but let's be real...
This is a newspaper...
Why are you so cranky?

I hope none of your mistake and woman for a man today :-)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Lol! I've totally called women "sir" and men "maam" by accident!!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

ahahahahah!!! !OH MY GOSH!!! Thats hilarious. I would have died...totally turned a tomato!!!
Something to laugh at now for sure :)

Ashley said...

I just encountered this situation today. I thought the person I was talking to was a man until they told me their name. I've never heard of a man with the name before so I only assumed it had to be a woman. I guess we've all been there before haha.
http://sunshinelifelove.blogspot.com/