How many of you play the beetle game?
You know, the car game where you punch everyone in the car and scream out the beetle color before anyone else does?
So I love this game!
I love it because I have made it into my own unique nice game!
I am not a violent person, not in the slightest, and I am relatively mild tempered.
I made up a beetle game that you all should try!
There are 2 versions.
Version 1: With your honey
When you see a beetle, call it out, be the first in the car.
Now, the reason you want to be the first to call it is because the person who didn't call the beetle must kiss you and give you a compliment.
{ie. you are beautiful.... you have the best kisses... you are so great at spotting beetles :-) etc}
Repeat
Version 2: With your friends
See above
Minus the kiss :-)
Oh and there are 2 rules...
Rule 1: Assess the situation...if the driving situations are dangerous, save the kisses for when you are in a safer spot
Rule 2: No calling the same beetle twice! No exceptions!
Tada!
It is a very uplifting game and it definitely gets everyone involved!
I mean, who really wants to get punched while driving!?
We all would rather get sweet smooches!
Have a great day!
And enjoy playing my version of the Beetle Game!
4 comments:
I like your kissing version of Slugbug :)
what a fun version , I will have to keep that in mind next time :)
We've always called it slugbug! :) I love regional variations on things.
On our PCS road trip we played the sweetheart version, but with Wafflehouse signs!!! I totally won.
Why we were little, my sister, my cousin, and I made up our own version. Since beetles are not very popular anymore, we would make up rhymes for other car names so that we could have an excuse to smack each other (such nice children, right?!) We had "sword, sword, there's a Ford" where we would slice the other with our hands like a sword or "Whack, whack Cadillac" where we would whack each other. I cant remember all of them, but we got pretty creative so that we could pummel each other. lol.
Post a Comment