As I mentioned a few Sunday's ago, the next few Can-Do Challenges will be coming from a book that I bought as a result of a college class that I ended up dropping and I was unable to part with this book!
I hope that these are as helpful and beneficial for all of you, as they were for me!
Stress Free For Good, written by Dr Fred Luskin & Dr. Kenneth R Pelletier, is a book that has seriously changed my life and how I manage myself :-) I hope that you all have the opportunity to read this book, and if not, please read my posts because they really do help :-)
The fourth life skill written about in this book is: Visualize Success
"When you have thoughts of good things, when your mind pictures loving scenes, your body has no need for tension and high blood pressure. In fact, loving thoughts and the emotions of gratitude are as good for the bosy as a relaxing massage on the beach in Hawaii" (p.82).
Purpose:
~To find better ways to achieve your goals
~To feel successful about the things you do
~To create better choices and options
~To create better choices and options
Practice:
~Imagine an aspect of your life at which you feel that you are not successful
~Picture in your mind succeeding at your chosen activity
~Describe to yourself what the successful picture showed you about how to succeed
~Think about how success was different from the things you usualy do
~Plan how you can put into practice what you saw
~Picture in your mind succeeding at your chosen activity
~Describe to yourself what the successful picture showed you about how to succeed
~Think about how success was different from the things you usualy do
~Plan how you can put into practice what you saw
Tips:
~Start small and gradually move on to bigger challenges
~Practice this at least three times for any one problem
~Write down your ideas
~Practice this at least three times for any one problem
~Write down your ideas
Application:
~Before going to an important meeting
~Before an important conversation with a friend, family member, or colleague
~When dieting or changing your exercise routines
~When you are looking for a win-win outcome
~When dieting or changing your exercise routines
~When you are looking for a win-win outcome
Life Skill:
"Research shows us that when we picture ourselves being successful, we're more likely to accomplish our goals and dreams" (115).
Again, all of this information comes straight from the book...I have paraphrased and generally it is not verbatim-I only chose a few items that have really helped me, that I hope will help you :-)
1 comment:
My fave: "Start small and gradually move on to bigger challenges" -- That's a perfect tip!
Your posts are always so motivating and inspiring!
Post a Comment