Image Map

Sunday, November 28, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Challenge- Day 6

Day 6: Gift ideas
(what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
 


 
 I love love homemade things that people put some thought in to, instead of generic.

Last Christmas, I really wanted to make favored Olive Oil. I actually bought all of the ingredients and supplies and I ended up changing my mind. I still think that it would be an awesome gift!

I also love scrapbooks and memory books. Those always can be a good go-to!
 
I also think that making some sort of a pampering item would be fun: like a bath salt or something.
 
Or even some kind of a recipe and make a dry recipe and tell then to just add water, or something like that! 
These are gifts that I would love!

I look forward to reading about things that you would like/would give!

6 comments:

Kit said...

Flavored olive oil! I would love to make some of that or get some as a gift too! You are just full of great ideas!

Karen said...

I did not even think of food what a great idea.

Courtney said...

Homemade gifts are so nice to get! These are great ideas!

Kenj said...

flavored olive oil sounds so lovely.!

Unknown said...

we are doing lots of homemade gifts this year =) I think they are always so thoughtful!

Tara said...

I've given my husband a few homemade gifts in my time :) For our 6 monthiversary (we don't celebrate Valentine's Day and our 6 month mark is in March so we celebrate that instead) I made him a deck of cards including 52 reasons why I loved him. I punched a hole in each card and attached them to a loose binder ring, and other than pasting my typed reasons on the card I also used stickers to decorate them (hearts, smiley faces, and cats because we love cats).

I also made him a scrapbook of our first year together for our one-year anniversary...

*And* I wrote "our story" (I write. a lot.), typed it and had it bound at Staples. I did the first part (which was about 50 typed 8.5 x 11 pages) for his 29th birthday and the second part (about 40-45 typed 8.5 x 11 pages--all single spaced by the way) for his 30th birthday.

(It helped that we've known each other so long--over 12 years now)