Image Map

Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 20

Day 20-Nicknames

I don't know about all of you...I know that I am not a fan of nicknames...they just aren't my thing...I have a unique name and I like it and I want people to call me by it! If anyone wants to give me a nickname, it needs to be a special name...not something that just shortens the name I already have...

Some of the nicknames that I have and the story behind them:

Sweeter/Sweeterfan: When my Sweeter got back to the US after his deployment in Iraq, the first text he sent to me said "I love you sweeterfan." Later that day, after we had reunited, I asked him about the new nickname and he told me that he meant for it to read "sweetheart" and that the iTap on his phone probably just got mixed up! I thought that it was hilarious and so we started called each other Sweeter and Sweeterfan.

Friend: I was talking with my best friend at lunch one afternoon and we were talking about how there were some people in our lives that we couldn't let go of, even though it was important that we did. We were telling each other unfortunate stories about those people and somehow we started saying at the end of the stories: "Thanks FRIEND!" or "Thanks ENEMY!" I don't even remember how it all happened because we had been laughing so hard we were crying...all I know, is that the name just stuck!

Spot: So, one of my best friends from High School invited me to her Aunt and Uncles Lake House for a long weekend that we had. When I met her Aunt and Uncle the very first question they asked me was: "How did you get your name?!" {more on that to come in tomorrows post} And then they asked me what it meant in English and I told them "the spot." Since that day, 9 years ago{holy cow!} her entire family has called me Spot or Spotty and I LOVE it!

Those are really the only nicknames that I have that have a fun story behind them...haha Like I said...I am not the biggest fan of nicknames..

Go check out Katie's blog and link up!!

6 comments:

Amy and Kyle said...

hahahaha this post made me laugh! I think you know why! :)

Suze said...

oh my goodness toooo funny about the sweeterfan but kinda cute, i just giggle about it due to my phone issues anyway and how i've end up with probably more enemies than friends but i did get a cowboy ha ;) i need to chat with you soon!!! down time soon?!

Unknown said...

Cute. I only do Liv because of my fiance! :)

Myya said...

What fun stories! I love Sweeter/Sweeterfan. Just think, someday you will be telling your grandkids about that :)

Adrienne Gomer said...

Justin and I call each other "friend"

Dancy said...

Hah! You wouldn't last a second in my family. Everyone's named after everyone else so you have to be able to decipher... you have to know the difference btwn 'Robby' & 'Bobby' for instance cuz they're both named after my Poppy's brother.

D's the same as you. I LOVE "Jack" for a boy (John Patrick's another big name in my family) but D hates it. A) he just hates the name B)he keeps saying "HOW the H#[[ is Jack short for 'John'?" LOL