Image Map

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Wrap Up

As you know, I went to Tennessee this weekend to visit one of my best friends, Shmu!

I arrived EARLY on Friday morning and I showered, napped and then got ready for the day with a relaxing Pedicure with Mama Woody while waiting for Miss Shmu to arrive.
After our pedis, we went back to their house and picked up Miss Shmu and headed to lunch! We ate at this restaurant called "Mellow Mushroom." We ate DELICIOUS calzones and then headed back to the house to get ready to go to the LAKE!

We drove out to the Lake and made a stop at Richard's BBQ. This was a little hole in the wall that served all kinds of BBQ! Oh my gosh, it was DELICIOUS! We ate BBQ pulled pork potatoes! Oh boy, they were delicious!

We got to the Lake and ate our dinner there and then relaxed and fell asleep!

Saturday morning we woke up late and ate a light breakfast and Miss Shmu and I went for a little run! It was hot, so our run was definitely tiring! After the run we got our swim suits on and headed out on the boat and I got a tour of the Lake. The weather could not have been better! There was not a cloud in the sky!

We drove around and soaked up the sunshine! It was AMAZING!

We went in to grab Papa Woody's high school best friend and his high school sweet heart and went back out on the boat! It was great and I had the best time! I was determined to come back to CA with a southern drawl and this crowd was DEFINITELY the crowd to stick around for that goal!

We went back in and ate dinner and then Miss Shmu's sweetheart surprised her and showed up! We all spent the evening reminiscing and spending time in good company!

Sunday we woke up to homemade soy blueberry pancakes! We went out on the Boat and did what Miss Shmu and I do best on the water: Tubing! We were laughing about how much we are in our twenties and STILL LOVE tubing! We plan to be 100 years old and still tubing, hanging on for dear life being tugged around behind a boat!

Tubing is so exhausting! We went in for lunch and then Miss Shmu and I went out and paddle boated around the lake for some much needed Spott and Shmu time! We met the rest of the gang at the boat and they all greeted us with their "Summer Beer" (Tequila, Beer and Lime Juice) Soo tasty!
We relaxed and then headed back to the house and made dinner! Papa Woody has a snow-cone machine so we made snow-cones....toward the end they ended up being adult flavors, ie crown and 7 :-)

I learned how to fry food! I was all about it, even though I was eaten alive by every bug in the South! We fried french fries, hush puppies and fish! The trick to frying is to use peanut oil instead of canola or vegetable. The food was not greasy at all, it actually tasted like it had been breaded and baked! I told the Woody's that we need a fryer for our wedding :::hint hint:::

We ate dinner and then played a mean game of Bananagrams {If you haven't played it, you should try it! You can find the game at Walgreens!} while we ate homemade peach sorbet! Such a tasty treat!

We passed out and woke up early on Monday Morning for a quick run on the boat! We wakeboarded and slalom skied and came back in for a quick lunch, sad sad goodbyes and then Miss Shmu, Jame and I were headed to Memphis. On our way we had to drive through Mississippi... and then back into Tennessee... I had the best time and I want to go back! I will bring my sweeter back with me the next time and we will have to visit Knoxville! I love my Woodicoff Family and I can't wait to reunite with everyone again soon!!

Thank you for a fabulous weekend!

No comments: