Image Map

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good Karma


This afternoon I was walking from our main office building into mine when I was crossing the street I made eye contact with an elderly man. We greeted each other with a smile and crossed paths as I walked to open the door to my building.

As I went to open the door, I dropped every paper that was in my hand onto the floor causing everything to get out of place (I was going back to my desk to put a binder together with some useful information for my new position.)

As I did this, another man walked passed me and in a sarcastic tone said "UH-OH," laughed and walked away.

I bent down to pick up all of my papers and out of the corner of my eye, I see the older man walking back toward me and he bent down and helped me pick up all of my papers!

That kind of thing rarely happens, especially in San Francisco. I would like to say that what goes-around-comes-around and I really believe that you should treat others the way you want to be treated!

I would like to thank that man who helped me pick up my stack of papers without even thinking twice about it, and I would like to thank every one else in the world who would do a kind task for a stranger. It tells LOADS about your character!

THANK YOU!


picture

1 comment:

Lacey in the City said...

It totally tells loads about your character when you are willing to help out strangers. You have an amazing character, and it was apparent to me the moment I met you that you did. I believe in Karma for sure, so I am not surprised that when you needed a hand, you happened to have someone there willing to lend you one.

xoxo