Image Map

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Slanted Door


Last weekend I went to The Slanted Door for lunch on Embarcadero at the Ferry Building.

This was my first time, and it definitely WILL NOT be my last! I am usually not an adventurous eater, I am actually really picky; but we decided that we were feeling adventurous and wanted to try something new and exciting!

We ordered [to share for 3]:
vietnamese crêpe with shrimp, pork, bean sprouts and onions
bánh nam rice dumplings with pork and dried shrimp wrapped in banana leaf
grilled tiger prawns over rice noodles with vegetarian imperial roll, cucumber and mint

Oh my gosh! Everything was FANTASTIC! And the location was great too!

And our waiter was so nice! He made sure that we ate each dish the way that the chef intended! The grilled Shrimps were delicious and the imperial roll was soo tasty! We liked the Vietnamese Crêpe and all of the sauces really complimented each dish! Some of the food was a little spicy, but delicious nonetheless!

The one thing that was a little weird to us, is that the bathroom (a) was coed and (b) has a monitoring attendant. The attendants job is to go into each stall after it has been used and wipe down the seat and spray a disinfectant solution to get rid of any odors and open the stall door for bathroom users..It was like the movies!

I definitely would recommend this place! Try it out!

picture

No comments: