
It has truly been an awesome past few days-very busy-but awesome! I went down to San Diego to visit my favorite guy and spent 2 hot and muggy days in the sunshine smiling!
On Friday night, we stayed at the W hotel. The hotel was nice, I think that we have definitely stayed in nicer places, but it was fun and free! We have racked up so many points in the past that we had a free night! Yay for being an SPG member!
On Saturday we walked around Little Italy and ate at this quaint restaurant Mimmo's. It was like a little, miniature town inside of the restaurant. The walls were painted from scenic views around Italy. It was so fun! We both got yummy sandwiches and ate outside on the patio under the shade of all of the trees. We were lucky because there was a street festival in Little Italy, so we walked up and down the street looking at all of the products that the vendors had to offer. We could not pass up the macaroons at one of the tables-they were all homemade! So good! We even went back for seconds!!
We then drove out to San Clemente to have dinner with my Uncle and Grandparents. This was his first time meeting my Grandparents so it was made into an even more special night! We met my family at the Fisherman, the restaurant on the San Clemente Pier and had the opportunity to sit outside while the sun was beginning to set. It was marvelous! Such a beautiful day, view, time! I have been craving clam chowder in a bread bowl for FOREVER now, so I ordered clam chowder, sans the bread bowl, and a yummy dinner salad because it was so hot outside (I know, I had soup, but it was worth it!) We spent a few more hours with my Grandparents and Uncle. It was such a great experience! My family loves loves loves loves him!
After our meet and bond session, My Sweeter and I drove back to San Diego and went downtown for some dessert. We went to the Ghirardelli store/restaurant and got a brownie sundae, so good, and it totally hit the spot!
On Sunday, we drove out to Panera, our favorite breakfast-ok any time of day-place and got a bagel and lunch! Cinnamon Crunch bagels with hazelnut cream cheese, you haven't lived until you tried it! We were trying to figure out something fun to do for the day, so we decided to go to the Del Mar Fairgrounds for the Horse Race.
We drove out to Del Mar, paid $8 to park, I signed up to be a lifetime member of the Horse Track, so I got in for free with a program, and he gets in for free with an active duty card. We sit in the free seating section and wait for the races to start. While we were waiting for the races to start, we were trying to "decode" the program to figure out what everything meant...after about 2 races we thought that we had figured it out and wanted to try our luck with betting....we bet $2 on the 3rd race. There is something about betting that made the races THAT much more exciting to watch and THAT much more intense! We ended up betting on which horses were going to win and take 2nd place. We got the winner of the race correct but the horse that we said would come in 2nd came in LAST! So, My Sweeter thought that our bet was a losing ticket. But I told him that we had to check to make sure that we didn't win any money. Right after the race, we went up to check out ticket but the race had not been processed. We decided to go back to our seats and watch the 4th race. It is AMAZING how much money was being bet on each race. The 4th race had almost $200,000 being bet on the entire thing! After the 4th race we decided to leave and get dinner before I had to go to the airport. Before we left we checked out ticket to see if we won any money--we had a winning ticket!! We wont $57.80! Just for picking the winner of the race! We cashed in and left the track with HUGE smiles on our faces! I think that we are now addicted to going because we are going to go this weekend when we go to the CA State Fair!
How lucky is that?!
Overall it was a SUPER fun weekend! Oh boy, how I love my favorite guy!
picture
On Friday night, we stayed at the W hotel. The hotel was nice, I think that we have definitely stayed in nicer places, but it was fun and free! We have racked up so many points in the past that we had a free night! Yay for being an SPG member!
On Saturday we walked around Little Italy and ate at this quaint restaurant Mimmo's. It was like a little, miniature town inside of the restaurant. The walls were painted from scenic views around Italy. It was so fun! We both got yummy sandwiches and ate outside on the patio under the shade of all of the trees. We were lucky because there was a street festival in Little Italy, so we walked up and down the street looking at all of the products that the vendors had to offer. We could not pass up the macaroons at one of the tables-they were all homemade! So good! We even went back for seconds!!
We then drove out to San Clemente to have dinner with my Uncle and Grandparents. This was his first time meeting my Grandparents so it was made into an even more special night! We met my family at the Fisherman, the restaurant on the San Clemente Pier and had the opportunity to sit outside while the sun was beginning to set. It was marvelous! Such a beautiful day, view, time! I have been craving clam chowder in a bread bowl for FOREVER now, so I ordered clam chowder, sans the bread bowl, and a yummy dinner salad because it was so hot outside (I know, I had soup, but it was worth it!) We spent a few more hours with my Grandparents and Uncle. It was such a great experience! My family loves loves loves loves him!
After our meet and bond session, My Sweeter and I drove back to San Diego and went downtown for some dessert. We went to the Ghirardelli store/restaurant and got a brownie sundae, so good, and it totally hit the spot!
On Sunday, we drove out to Panera, our favorite breakfast-ok any time of day-place and got a bagel and lunch! Cinnamon Crunch bagels with hazelnut cream cheese, you haven't lived until you tried it! We were trying to figure out something fun to do for the day, so we decided to go to the Del Mar Fairgrounds for the Horse Race.
We drove out to Del Mar, paid $8 to park, I signed up to be a lifetime member of the Horse Track, so I got in for free with a program, and he gets in for free with an active duty card. We sit in the free seating section and wait for the races to start. While we were waiting for the races to start, we were trying to "decode" the program to figure out what everything meant...after about 2 races we thought that we had figured it out and wanted to try our luck with betting....we bet $2 on the 3rd race. There is something about betting that made the races THAT much more exciting to watch and THAT much more intense! We ended up betting on which horses were going to win and take 2nd place. We got the winner of the race correct but the horse that we said would come in 2nd came in LAST! So, My Sweeter thought that our bet was a losing ticket. But I told him that we had to check to make sure that we didn't win any money. Right after the race, we went up to check out ticket but the race had not been processed. We decided to go back to our seats and watch the 4th race. It is AMAZING how much money was being bet on each race. The 4th race had almost $200,000 being bet on the entire thing! After the 4th race we decided to leave and get dinner before I had to go to the airport. Before we left we checked out ticket to see if we won any money--we had a winning ticket!! We wont $57.80! Just for picking the winner of the race! We cashed in and left the track with HUGE smiles on our faces! I think that we are now addicted to going because we are going to go this weekend when we go to the CA State Fair!
How lucky is that?!
Overall it was a SUPER fun weekend! Oh boy, how I love my favorite guy!
picture
No comments:
Post a Comment