My Sweeter and I celebrated our year anniversary about 2 weeks ago. It was such an amazing weekend! Since I am a starwood perferred guest, and we stay in hotels often, we had earned a free night at an Starwood Hotel. We stayed at the St. Regis and were given drinks on the house at the fun bar in the Lobby of the hotel. The room was gorgeous (sans the fact that we had a smoking room--which is GROSS) and very high tech! We thought it was the coolest place!
Overall, I would recommend trying Mangarosa out! our meal was about $65 with tax and tip. Not too expensive considering we ordered wine.For dessert, I was searching for a romantic place that sold yummy desserts and I came across the absolute perfect place! Cafe Jacqueline. It is about 1 block from Mangarosa and they are known for their gourmet souffles. The restaurant is a quaint little place, it holds about 15 tables in the restaurant and it is warms and smells of french pastries and delicious-ness :-) We were seated and knew exactly what we were planning to order-Chocolate souffle. It took about 20-25 minutes for our dessert to be prepared, but it was totally worth it! The waiter brought us the souffle and My Sweeter and I looked at each other like we were crazy for wanting something so HUGE! We dug in and, literally, LICKED the dish clean! It was so light, airy and fluffy! We decided that we want to go back to try their entree souffles. After we paid the bill, our waiter told us to go into the kitchen and tell Jacqueline, herself, that we enjoyed the souffle. We headed back into the kitchen where we were greeted by a little old French woman preparing and cooking all of the souffles to perfection.
Our special night was wonderful and romantic. I can't wait for many more to come :-)
mangarosa
1 comment:
this sounds like it was so fun and romantic! i'm glad you had such a great time!
Post a Comment