We were surrounded by some amazing people on our Salkantay Trek in Peru to Machupicchu. We made some great friends that we are able to still keep in touch with via social media (Since we were the only ones from the US). While we were on the trek, our friend Christie who was (and still is) going to Medical School in the UK, told us that she was going to be in Phoenix for a month long internship. Rich and I were excited because that is where his parents live and we thought it would be cool if we could make seeing her happen.
When Rich and I decided to head to Arizona to surprise his dad for his birthday I got on facebook and asked her if she was still going to Arizona and if so when. It turned out that we got to Arizona on the same day and since it was still early in her program we were able to sneak her away for lunch on her second full day in the US.
We enjoyed pizza and beer (what better combination could you have?) and caught up on the rest of our South American trips and life since Salkantay. We ate at Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. The pizza was good but the company was even better. Apparently Oprah gets her pizza here, so by association, we met Oprah and are now 4 peas in a pod :-)
Anywho, it was really nice to catch up and Rich and I can't wait to visit all of our UK friends ASAP! :-)
(And the best part of this whole thing? I got to be a tour guide for this lady in MY city this weekend! More to come later)
(And the best part of this whole thing? I got to be a tour guide for this lady in MY city this weekend! More to come later)
uqcshlukaxroqdfv7;77=ot)242+=5+7=527=XROQDF)2+;586792;246ot1lsi.jpg)
1 comment:
girl, you know oprah?? hah
www.wearflowersinyourhair.com
Post a Comment