Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
I am so happy that I don't have to work tomorrow - this three day weekend is much needed!
Last night, Rich and I heated up some left overs, had a beer and watched Cheers (duh!)
When we were finished with dinner and cleaning up, Rich went over to our little game stash and was looking through to see if we had anything fun to play.
He pulls out Uno and tells me he doesn't know how to play...
Um...what?!
So of course we played a hand of Uno and sadly we were quickly board
![]() |
We then pulled out a game that I have had for a long time, that isn't my favorite: Mad Gab. It wasn't Rich's favorite either, so we only played for a few minutes and put that game right back where it belonged...hidden away, deep in our game box :-)
![]() |
| image |
So we pulled out a deck of cards and played a few card games, Gin, Speed, Texas Holdem, Black Jack - unfortunately most card games are only fun if you are betting, and we weren't...maybe we need to invest in some poker chips?
![]() |
| image |
Then we pulled out my all time favorite friends game Loaded Questions and since there was only two of us, we just read the cards and answered the questions - some serious, some not so serious
![]() |
| image |
We had a great time aside from the fact that we only have fun games for larger groups of people...
Now here is where the blogging world comes in...
We need help!!
Do you know of any games that are fun in a group and fun to play for two???
Even card games that you know??
I will look up the directions :-)
I was thinking that maybe we should invest in a Scrabble board and maybe Cribbage
(I remember I loved that game when I was a kid!)
Rich's birthday is coming up on Friday and I would love to have something fun wrapped for him by then!
What do you think??




7 comments:
I grew up playing Yahtzee, it's a good one!
My husband and I like playing trivial pursuit as well as sorry.
Upwords is another fun one too.
We love games too! Some good two person games: Rummy, Stratego, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, chess.
I love board games. Phase 10 is fun. I am also a fan of scrabble, trivial pursuit, sorry, clue, life, and yahtzee.
I'm jealous you're off today!
We love board games! We will play Scrabble and Scattergories or You Don't Know Jack on our xBox.
Apples to Apples is great! We played like 10 games of it over NYE this past year, haha.
I *love* Mad Gab. I highly suggest getting a group of people together and giving it a second chance! My husband and I are both REALLY good at it though so we're never allowed to be on the same team when we're playing with others, haha.
Post a Comment