Image Map

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Day in the Life: Customer Service Volume 25

Our papers come out with the information from the market close from the day before.
i.e The paper dated for Monday is the information from the markets close on Friday, Tuesday is the info from the market close on Monday etc.

A woman just called to let us know that she didn't get the Tuesday paper.
I asked her if she got a paper on Saturday and she told me that she had.
I explained that since Monday was a holiday, we didn't print a paper with Mondays date, so the Tuesday paper took place of the Monday paper and was delivered on Saturday.

Customer: I don't understand...
Me: What don't you understand?
Customer: How can you predict that far in advance?
Me: What do you mean?
Customer: How do you predict what is going to happen so far in advance; when the paper is printed on Friday for Tuesday?
Me: Ma'am, we don't predict anything.. {and then I went into the whole schpeal above}

The best part about this whole thing is that the customer has been a subscriber since 2008 and is currently on a 3 year subscription!
So this whole time she has just thought was were crystal ball readers of the future..

...how cool would that be...

Check out my giveaway!

No comments: