Image Map

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

On Wednesday Night we prepped 
We Chopped, Diced & Sliced
Took out the China
Set the Table
Picked up around the house
Cleaned the house
Roasted Chestnuts!


Chestnuts roasting in an oven...we don't have a place for a fire...

Set the tables with our lovely China! Excuse the used up candle sticks!

Our Super full fridge!

The topping to the yams on the left, the chestnuts on the right 

On Thursday Morning we got up, Rich took our friends to the airport and I made the stuffing.

Rich got back and we got the turkey all ready

Rich taking out the neck & giblets...just saying that makes it sound soo gross...
I really didn't cook very much in advance...
I didn't want anything to be cold or taste 'reheated'
Most of the food was prepared before hand and then popped into the oven at the last minute
So the last part of the preparation and cooking {about last 2 hours} before dinner was served was super busy!

The turkey was beautiful! All 9lbs of it...

from left to right: turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, yams!
 When we were getting out all of our china the night before Thanksgiving we came to find out that we never got a gravy boat...
So we used the creamer dish... ha!

Rich did an awesome job carving the turkey!

Sooo tasty!

These: I would absolutely make these again!

Yummy! That provided like 5 nights of leftovers...ha!

Our beautiful China...
Overall, Thanksgiving was great!
I set off the smoke alarm once because when I was basting the turkey, I may have spilled a little bit in the oven... ha!
It was hilarious because we heard like 5 other alarms go off as we sat down and ate dinner!
Gotta love overly sensitive alarms in huge university owned apartment buildings...

I hope you all had a Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great job prepping ahead of time! We never got a gravy boat either, but then I forgot to make gravy this year anyway (we didn't have turkey for our at home dinner, so it would have just been for potatoes and they didn't really need it). I'm getting hungry reading this!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

Looks delicious!!! :) Never had chestnuts before, are they good?
Glad to know I am not the only one to set off a fire alarm :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like everything turned out so well!!