Image Map

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Complete vs Compliment

During our Marriage Prep, a topic that Padre Juan brought up with us was Completing and Complimenting.

One of the questions that we had in the Focus Tool was "I will not be happy if I am not married" and with this question, the topic was brought up about Completing each other versus Complimenting each other.

We always see in romantic movies, shows and books that the main couple always say that they complete each other etc. WRONG...

When this topic was brought up during marriage prep, Padre Juan made a great point! He told us that we, as individuals, are whole people. Which means that we are two whole people coming together to make one whole marriage, which means that we are not two halves of a person coming together to make a whole person.

Having said that, isn't that a very interesting way to think about a relationship! I am constantly thinking about it and how much it all makes sense! My Sweeter and I come from two different worlds, we have our own families, our own friends and our own lives, we are two whole people coming together to make one whole marriage work!

What do you all think? Have you heard of this before??

 and I absolutely love love love this image from kissing!!

image

3 comments:

allie-mac-fallie said...

I do love the idea! have never heard it before but it makes perfect sense!! :) Thanks for sharing! Very thought provoking!

Kelly said...

LaTache! I love this post! It is so true and great advice :)

Anonymous said...

Wow now that's a good point there! Makes sense and I agree.